The ICE Mutual Agreement between Government and Employers (IMAGE) was announced in July 2006 in an effort by the government to combat unlawful employment and reduce vulnerabilities that help illegal aliens gain such employment. The program is intended to develop a more secure and stable workforce. IMAGE also strives to improve fraudulent document awareness through education and training.
According to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Employers seeking certification in IMAGE must agree to:
- Complete the IMAGE Application Form
- Enroll in the E-Verify program within 60 days
- Establish a written hiring and employment eligibility verification policy that includes an internal Form I-9 audit at least once a year
- Submit to a Form I-9 Inspection
- Review and sign an official IMAGE partnership agreement with ICE
Recent national training forums include: